Tuesday 24 July 2012

Excerpt One

I should probably start with my name.  I am Tekniko Elgrain of Summerset Isle, born and raised.  Though this island lives and breaths everything Altmer, I have the blood of Nords running through me.  At least this is what I was told by my adoptive parents.  My parents said they found me, abandoned, and barely breathing at no more than two years of age.  They took it upon themselves to raise me as their own.

As I grew into a young boy I soon realized I was very different from every one else.  My friends and family were much faster than I was.  They were able to conjure magical spells and move through dense brush with the swiftness of a mountain cat.  Where they specialized in accuracy and long ranged weapons, like bows, I was drawn to the brute beauty of a heavy weaponry like sharps axes and swords.  I was slower, much slower, and I was left with no other choice than to wield these weapons.  If you want to be a part of the Imperial Guard someday, then you need to start training at a very young age.



No comments: